Time Required: 3 to 5 minutes
- Fill the neti pot with water. The water should be lukewarm (not too hot, not too cold) and can be poured into the pot directly from the tap (approximately 1/2 cup of water). Distilled water is recommended if the purity/safety of the tap water in your region is questionable.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon of REAL salt (pink) from health food store to the water. Stir with spoon to dissolve thoroughly. Add 3 drop of Lavender or 1 drop of Tea Tree oil and a squirt of Pure Aloe
- Lean your head forward over the basin or best get in shower, bending your neck down slightly with your eyes looking downwards.
- Gently place the spout of the neti pot inside your right nostril, forming a seal to avoid any outer leakage.
your mouth slightly. Breathe continuously through your open mouth
during this sinus cleansing procedure. This allows a necessary air
passageway so that the water will not drain from behind your nose into
- Tilt your head sideways, so that your right
nostril is directly above your left nostril. Tip the neti pot, allowing
the water solution to pour into your right nostril. Within a few
seconds the water will naturally drain from your left nostril into the
- After the net pot is empty, remove the spout from your right nostril, and exhale through both nostrils. Gently blow your nose into a tissue.
- Repeat steps 1 through 7 for your left nostril.
- Thoroughly clean your Neti Pot after each use. Periodically place it in your dishwasher for a thorough sanitizing.Same as a toothbrush, do not share your neti pot with anyone else. Everyone in the household should have their own neti pot.
- Try using only half the amount of recommended salt the first few times you use your neti pot until you become more accustomed to the process.
- Applying a thin layer of petroleum jelly on the inside of both nostrils before the treatment helps sooth sensitive skin.
- You may notice improved breathing, smell and taste.